Dr. Renu Behl was born to AC Behl and Mr Avinath Behl on August 6, 1958 at Kapurthala, Punjab. She has done MA (Pub. Ad), MA (Pol. Sc.) and MA Urdu (gold medalist). Did her PhD on “Ismat Chughtai ke afsaonoka fanni wa fikri jaiza” from Punjab University, Chandigarh in 2000. She had started her literary journey as Urdu poet, but later on switched over to prose. Her first anthology, Aaina (mirror), was published in 2001, won an award from the Uttar Pradesh Urdu Akademi. Thereafter three more of her short story anthologies – Aankhon sey dil tak, Koyee chaarasaaz hota (also awarded by UP Urdu Akademi) and Khusboo meray aangan ki– were published. Her latest book, Khushboo meray aangan ki deals with different aspects of human relationships with the feminine aspect featuring prominently. Behl has a knack for portraying the psychological aspect of human relationships with that slight ironical twist which leaves the reader pondering over the denouement. Renu Behl had received Lala Jagat Narain Award in October 2003, Amrita Pritam Smriti Samman in 2010.
UPDATED INFO ABOUT DR. RENU BEHL (MARCH 3, 2017)
Father’s Name Late ShriA.C.Behl.
Mother’s name Mrs. Avinash Behl.
Address 1505, Sector 49-B,
Contact No. 0172-2631077 (Residence)
Academic qualifications :
- A (Pub.Ad) /M.A (Pol.Sc.)/M.A.(Urdu) (Gold medalist).
- D (Urdu) on “IsmatChugtaiKeAfsanokaFanniWaFikkriJaiza” from. Panjab University Chandigarh and awarded degree in 2000.
- Urdu short story books:
- Aaeena ( 2001)
- Ankhon Se DilTak2005)
- Koi charasazhota( 2008 )
- Khushboo Mere Aanganki (2010).
- Badli Mei Chuppa Chand ( 2012).
- KhamoshSadaye(2013) .
- Dastak (2016)
Hindi short story book ;
- Gard Mei AtteChehre( 2017 )
- Mere hone Mei kyaBuraiHai – under publication.
- SunoRadhika( khandkavyaby Madhavkaushik) translated from hindi to urdu. (under publication)
- Story telecasted on DD Urdu in Oct,2014.
- Stories being relayed from FM 92.7 & All India Radio, Jalandhar.
- Research work on “RenuBehl Ki AfsanaNigari(Ankhon Se DilTakkiroshanimei) “ carried out by M.Phil student from Urdu Department, Jammu University during March 2008.
- Renowned literary magazine “Chaharsu”, Rawalpindi published Special Issue (Sept. to October,2014).
- Stories being published in literary Hindi & Punjabi magazines .
- Shiromani Urdu SahityakarAward , Punjab Government, 2014.
- “Amrita PritamSamritiSaman“ awarded by NaseerSaloniAdabi Society, Raibarely (UP) in Feb.2010.
- Recipient of LalaJagatNarian Award,October,2003.
- “Aaeena” got award from U.P. Urdu Academy, Lucknow.
- “Koi charasazhota” got award from U.P. Urdu Academy, Lucknow.
- “Khushboo Mere Aanganki“ got award from Bihar Urdu Academy, Patna.
- “Badli Mei Chupa Chand” received Rajinder Singh Bedi award from Language Department, Punjab.
- “KhamoshSadaye” got award from UP Urdu Academy, Lucknow.